Harder Hall Resort

Harder Hall was named for its developers, Lewis F. Harder and Vincent Hall, both of West Palm Beach.  The hotel was built in 1925-1926.

The hotel was designed in the Spanish Colonial Revival Style architecture popular during the period and contained 134 rooms.

Harder Hall is on the National Register of Historic Places.

Local GiveAway

Local GiveAway
Eighteen East Restaurant & Bar


Eighteen East Restaurant & Bar

18 East Main Street
Avon Park, FL 33825

Win a  $20.00 Gift Certificate to Eighteen East

Eighteen East Restaurant and Bar captures the magic of old Downtown Avon Park with the “Best Steaks in Town“. We are serving central Florida some of the finest quality food in an un-pretentious way–just comfortable, casual, fun dining!

“We are just a Big Time in a Small Town”


Buckeye Building

The Buckeye Building was built by George Sebring in 1822.

The beautiful architect of the building has become a landmark of downtown Sebring Florida.  The building was recently restored / upgraded and compliments its surrounding.

The building is located on the north east side of the “circle” in the middle of Sebring.

Sebring History

Sebring was chartered by the state of Florida in 1913, and was selected as the county seat of Highlands County when the county was created in 1921.  Sebring was founded in 1912 and named after George Sebring, who was from Ohio.
Sebring is located at 27°29′44″N 81°26′40″W in the center of Florida.

The city has a total area of around 11 square miles with 5.8 mile (53%) of which is water.

The main feature of the City of Sebring is Lake Jackson which is 420 acres.

Sebring is located on the southern end of the Lake Wales Ridge.  This ridge is comprised of a chain of ancient islands and home to many native habitats with rare plants and animals.  Sebring’s climate is a humid subtropical climate.<a >

 

Courthouse

 

The Highlands County Courthouse  was built in 1927.  The courthouse is located east of downtown Sebring at 430 South Commerce Avenue.

The courthouse was added to the United States National Register of Historic Places on August 14, 1989.

It is a magnificent building full of character and charm.

Older posts «